Here is All about Rheumatoid Arthritis,its Signs and Symptoms,Causes,Complications and Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment.
- Age:Most commonly diagnosed between the ages of 40 and 50 years
- Population:Rheumatoid Arthritis affects approximately 1% of world’s population.
- Gender:Women developes the condition Three times more than men.
- Genetics:Genetic/Family history plays an important role.
Infectious agents such as viruses, bacteria, and fungi have long been suspected but the cause of Rheumatoid Arthritis is unknown.
Signs and Symptoms:
Its involves both sides of body (Symmetrical Involvment).
- Joint Pain
- Joint Tenderness
- Joint Swelling
- Joint Redness
- Joint Warmth
- Joint Stiffness
- Loss of Joint Range of Motion
- Joints: In joints it causes Synovitis, an inflammation of the synovial membrane that lines the joints and tendon sheaths.
- Skin: Formation of Rheumatoid Nodule,the nodule has a central area of fibrinoid necrosis.
- Lungs: Causes Fibrosis of the of lungs,the formation or development of excess fibrous connective tissue.
- Kidneys: Causes Renal Amyloidosis, a progressive, incurable, metabolic disease characterized by abnormal deposits of protein in the kidneys.
- Heart: Myocardial Infarction,Disambiguation,Atherosclerosis,Pericarditis,Endocarditis,Left Ventricular Failure and Valvulitis can may occur due to Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Eye: Rheumatoid Arthritis can cause Episcleritis,Scleromalacia,Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca and keratitis.
- Blood: RA can cause Anemia,Neutropenia and Thrombocytosis.
- Neurological: RA can cause Carpel Tunnel Syndrome and Atlanto-Axial Subluxation.
It is diagnosed by
- Blood Test:ESR,Rheumatoid Factor and anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide (anti-CCP) antibodies.
- Imaging Test:X-rays,MRI and Ultrasound are used.
- Medications: NSAIDs (Aspirin,Ibuprofen,Naproxen) Steroids (Cortisone) Disease Modifying Antirheumatic Drugs (DMARDs) includes Methotrexate Opiates
- Therapy: Physiotherapy Occupational Therapy Immunoadsorption Therapy Radon Therapy Acupuncture Weight Loss
- Surgery: Synovectomy: Surgical Removal of inflammed Synovium. Joint Fusion:Surgically fusing a joint to stabilize or realign the joint for pain relief when joint replacement is not an option. Total Joint Replacment:Surgical removal of a damaged joint parts and insertion of prosthesis made of metal or plastic.
This article is general overview of Rheumatoid Arthritis to aware you about the disease but if you have a disease then do contact with your Doctor for Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment.